Saturday, December 24, 2011

Pretty Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookies

As I typically wouldn't venture out onto the Neiman Marcus website as I can probably only afford their shipping prices on small items, I really didn't think i'd find such a steal: their chocolate chip cookie recipe!

They're probably the prettiest chocolate chip cookies I've ever made. If you eat them right out of the oven, they're crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. If you let them cool, they're the perfect crispy chocolate chip cookies that'll soften just the right about dipped in coffee or milk.



Directions/Ingredients:

(Sorry for the copying/pasting--it's Christmas Eve, and i'm just posting this while I wait to pull some other goods out of the oven. Time is of the essence. Dave is sound asleep, and i'm running around our house to get some last minute stuff done before our festivities begin.)

The only thing I did differently was my portioning of the cookies. I used about a round tablespoon per cookie (leaving two inches between the cookies on the baking sheets). The Neiman Marcus sizing would make really big cookies (great for favors!). 

This recipe does not yield 2 dozen cookies, especially if you're going by the size of scoop that Neiman calls for. I tweaked the size a bit. I like using a tablespoon measure and flattening it out (so not rounded), plopping those on the baking sheet, and then baking them at 325 for 15 minutes. This temp produces a chewier cookie. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...