Monday, March 5, 2012

Banana Recipe #2: Chocolate Banana Bread

On to recipe #2. The banana brownies were a hit: I brought some to my students and sent some off to work with Dave to share with his coworkers. The feedback was that they were nice, dense in a good way, and not too sweet--just sweet enough.

I still had a bunch of bananas left to use up so I decided to look for a banana bread recipe but with the chocolate factor pumped up a bit. I found one for chocolate banana bread on this site:
 
(I usually bake at night and there's no natural lighting. When I wake up, I barely have enough time to get ready, so I just snapped a shot really fast with my phone.)

Ingredients
-1 3/4 cups flour (You can also do a combo of APF & whole wheat flour [1 cup APF & 3/4 whole wheat]
-1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
-1 cup sugar
-1 tsp baking powder
-1/4 tsp baking soda
-1/4 tsp salt
-2 large eggs, lightly beaten
-1 stick butter, melted & cooked
-3 ripe bananas, mashed well
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
-1/2 cup walnuts or pecans (optional)

Directions
Mix together the flour, coco, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.

Stir the mashed bananas, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla together. Carefully fold the banana mixture into the dry ingredients until just combined. Mix in the chocolate chips (and walnuts or pecans if you're using them).

Pour into a greased loaf pan (I just use Pam cooking spray). Bake at 350 F for 55-65 minutes until the bread has risen and a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean. Let cool before serving.

[You can also store this in the freezer.]

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...