(instant coffee granules, flax seed [I use pre-ground, so your body can actually get the benefits from it], a combination of milk chocolate and semi-chocolate chips)
(Yields 24 medium-sized cookies--36 if you make smaller cookies)
This is my adaption of The Pioneer Woman's recipe:
- 1 cup margarine (or butter), softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (heaping) instant coffee granules
-1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. In a bowl (I use my stand mixer for this), stir together margarine, brown sugar, and white sugar until well combied. Add eggs and vanilla and stir together.
3. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, instant coffee, baking soda, flax seed, and salt. Add to wet ingredients in batches.
4. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Drop balls of dough on a cookie sheet and make for 11-13 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and eat warm or room temperature!
This is a great basic recipe to get creative with; you can add nuts, dried berries, etc...