Tuesday, November 15, 2011

We've been married for about the average life span of a flea.

We've been married for a month--a whole 30 days! The crazy part is that it feels like we've been married for much longer; it's probably because we've been so busy ever since that glorious October 15th.

After our wedding, we spent a little shy of a week on our honeymoon. The weekend after we got back from that, Dave was gone for a whole weekend for his friend David's bachelor trip (which means a soon-coming wedding). Soon after that, we began to practice frequently (multiple times a week) with the worship band for the 11.11.11 Conference that was taking place at the Rose Bowl.  I had never been to the Rose Bowl before, and I found myself on stage singing with my husband and others on my first visit there Crazy? Kind of. That'll be a fun story to tell the kids (someday). Our weekends are booked solid until the end of the year; I'm still not so sure how I feel about that one. There are moments when I'd like to erase all the obligations (all good, mind you) off our dry erase calendar just to have a lazy day with the husband.

Even though it feels a bit longer than 30 days, there's just a beautiful newness to being newlyweds. One of our favorite things is just getting to start our days off together, come home to each other, and be able to go to bed knowing your best friend is right there. We die of laughter together, and we may have our quips and tiffs, but the truth is:I love this adventure we're on, and there's absolutely no one else I'd rather be adventuring with.

Here are some pictures to recap:


Us during the sunny set-up at the Rose Bowl. 


The stage:

Us on stage right before our set:


Us in the UCLA men's shower room--classy, huh?:

To celebrate our one month (Yeah, yeah, I know what some of you are thinking), Dave gave me a card with  a napkin in it because he knew I'd probably start crying (and I did) and some lovely happy flowers:

We went to dinner at a fish house where our friend works, and we got a free calamari appetizer and free dessert! Definitely not a bad way to celebrate. We were so stuffed when we got home, we sunk deep into our food comas and fell asleep.

Quick pit stop to Home Depot post dinner to get some nails, so we can put up the final piece in the bedroom (pictures to come):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...