Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Season: A tweaked recipe.

In the last few years leading up to being married, i've had my share of roommates, and they all know this habit of mine: I listen to Christmas music a month before Christmas comes. In my defense, I have quite the variety, so it's not the same 5 songs over and over again that you'd probably hear on holiday KOST FM.

Well--same goes for pumpkin pie. It's never too early to make something that can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert :).

Here's the recipe I used (this one is less time consuming. If you have the time, make your own pumpkin filling with fresh pumpkin--totally worth it as well as your own pie crust):

The main change I made to the recipe is that I doubled all the spices. Otherwise, you can't really taste any of them. If you like your spices more muted than I'd stick to what the original recipe calls for (but c'mon --live a little :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...