Once you've tried this, you'll see that you're essentially eating dessert for breakfast, except without the guilt and remorse. In fact, this breakfast is filling, nutritious, and deceivingly delicious! True story.
If you can pour stuff into a jar and shake it all together, then you can do this. Your fridge will do the rest!
-1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk (you can also you soy if you'd like)
- one cap full of vanilla extract (If you use vanilla almond/or soy milk, you can skip this step)
-2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder (less or more to taste)
- 3-4 tablespoons of agave syrup, maple syrup, or honey
- a fist full of dried cranberries (more or less depending on your preference)
- a fist full of crushed walnuts (almonds or pecans would also work)
- any other fresh fruit you'd like to incorporate (some toppings that I like: dried/unsweetened coconut, mangoes, bananas...)
1. Combine all the ingredients (everything except for the toppings) into a large mason jar, air tight canister, or a anything else that has a secure lid.
2. Shake vigourously until everything is mixed together. You can also stir it all together if you prefer.
3. Put it in the fridge for at least six hours. I just put the magical breakfast concoction in the fridge, and it's ready for me in the morning.
***the next morning***
4. Scoop out your portion. Top it with fresh fruit or dried coconut (the sky's the limit). ENJOY!
[This will keep in your fridge up to 3 days.]