Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Picture is Worth...

...a thousand words. Sometimes, maybe just a few. Either way, in my book, pictures and words are inseparable. Words evoke countless pictures, and pictures elicit words. When one is at the forefront, the other takes the supporting role. Sometimes they're co-stars.  Match made in heaven. Buddies. Compadres.

More and more lately, I'm appreciating how well they work together.  I usually have a picture in mind first and then the words come later on. Sometimes they're my words. If they're not mine, they're borrowed. Either way, they tend to linger in my mind--painting new landscapes in my thought processes, coloring my mind with new thoughts or growing deeper roots to old ones. Here are just a few examples of the two complimenting each other.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...