After going through some recipes online, I decided to make a version of my own. You can literally season these however you'd like--sweet or savory!
* 2 15-oz cans of chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans)//drained, rinsed, & blotted dry
* 2 tablespoons of olive oil
* 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon lime juice
* 3 to 4 teaspoons of chili powder (I like 4)
* 3/4 to 1 teaspoon of seal/or kosher salt
* 1-2 teaspoons of cumin (I like 2)
* 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
* 3 to 4 tablespoons of finely chopped cilantro (I really like cilantro, so feel free to reduce this if you're not as obsessed. Or, you can use a few pinches of dried thyme or rosemary instead.)
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with some foil.
2. Drain, rinse and blot dry your chickpeas. Put them onto your foil-lined baking sheet.
3. Bake for 45-60 minutes (Swish them around every 15 minutes or so. Test a few chickpeas and make sure they're crunchy. If they're not all crunchy, keep them baking a bit longer.)
4. Get all your other ingredients mixed into a large bowl. When your chickpeas are done roasting, pour them into the wet mixture and stir until all the crunchy morsels are coated.
5. Enjoy! You can also store these in an airtight baggie or container and eat them the next day.