Monday, January 9, 2012

Forget-the-boxed-brownies Brownie Recipe

I got a Facebook message from an old college acquaintance about wanting a from-scratch brownie recipe. I knew exactly which one to share! Jennifer, I hope you like it! :D

So... i'm going to kind of cheat on this post.  I don't have a picture of the finished product (I do, but it's not on the computer i'm using, so i'm going to take some creative liberties). Instead, i'll show you a picture of the person who gave me the recipe--my friend Natalie :). She gave it to me at my bridal shower--taped to the bottom of an 8x8 baking pan (genius gift idea, by the way!). The recipe is super easy and deee-licious. You'll really never need to get boxed brownie mix again.

It's crazy--it seems like yesterday that Natalie gave me the recipe, and Dave and I just finished taking Natalie and her man's engagement pictures over the weekend. Oh how the time goes! Here's the sneak peek shot (stay tuned for the whole blog post from the shoot):


And here's the choco-heavenly delicious brownie recipe:
(I adapted it just a smidge--for the extra chocolate kick!)
Ingredients:
3 tbl. unsalted butter
2 1/2 tbl. canola oil
4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips 
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. salt
2 large eggs
1 tbl. cold brewed coffee
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup all-pupose flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (optional)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions:
1. Put oil, butter, and the semi-sweet chips into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for two minutes at 75% power (80% works fine)
2. Stir in brown and white sugar, vanilla & salt into the chocolate mixture. Add eggs & coffee. Beat vigorously.
3. Add cocoa, flour, and baking soda. Mix well.
4. Bake for 30 minutes in an 8x8 or a 9x9 pan.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...