Friday, May 11, 2012

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

A quick post as we're en route to LAX to leave for our quick trip to San Francisco!! I'm so excited to be going to one of my favorite cities with my favorite guy. He won us this weekend trip by being the top salesman at his work last month--I'm a PROUD (and very thankful) wifey.

 I finally found a oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe that I'm happy with. The cookies don't come out flat, and they stay chewy! I adapted some recipes and found the combination that got some pretty good reviews :)

(they're much prettier in natural lighting, but i baked these at night)

Ingredients:

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour (I used half apf and half whole wheat pastry flour)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp instant espresso/coffee (optional--i find that it accents the chocolate chips)
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 345 F
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir into the creamed mixture until blended. Mix in the quick oats, walnuts, and chocolate chips. Drop heaping spoonfuls onto baking sheets.
3. Bake for 12 minutes Cool, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...