Friday, February 4, 2011

The Adventures of a 4-Year-Old and my Microwave.

What is this, you ask?

This, friends, was the result of some creative exploration.


My friend lovely friend Rosina  and her husband came out to Long Beach today for a sonogram for their third bun in the oven. Since the appointment was near my neck of the woods, she asked if I could hang out with her two kids for a little while. Personally, I think they're some of the cutest kiddos i've ever laid eyes on, so I was more than happy to watch them for a bit. We watched Toy Story 3, they helped me grind and brew some coffee, they colored, and I loved listening to all of their little anecdotes. The highlight, by far, happened while I was drawing with Abby. I heard the microwave go off, and I asked Caleb if his pretend food was done cooking. He looked at me and said, "No, iss my cawh." I don't know if he was in the mood for some hot wheels action, but the terrified look that came across his face when the beeps came was priceless. Bye bye, car. It was melty mayhem. I tried so hard not to die laughing in front of the two kiddos, but man did I have a good laugh with Rosina and Benny when they came to pick them up. Now Caleb knows that a microwave is only for edibles--not for his favorite cars.


Just for fun, I decided to take some pictures of them while they were playing and entertaining each other. Aren't they too cute for words? 




 [ The kiddos helped me make coffee :)They wanted some proof, so they could show off to their mama ]





I know, you're probably ooo-ing and aahhh-ing about how ridiculously good looking these two lil ones are. I had so much fun, and I think it would be safe to say that they did too :). I can only imagine what kind of memories are going to be made once baby #3 comes around.
Rosina and Benny, you are great parents with some equally fantastic children. 

3 comments:

  1. I still can NOT believe this happened. Whatever number he pressed, I'm glad it wasn't a bigger one. But I'm so glad you wrote this, because I will always look back and laugh! x's

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're amazing Liz. I love your creativity and how you see the humor in life. That is SO funny! I had a child look at my name badge the other day and say, "What happened to you?" I was laughing so hard. I said, "What do you MEAN what happened to me?" They thought I looked scared in the picture. Ha ha ha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA!!! I was cracking up reading this. I love that you thought it was hilarious. The kids are beautiful and so are you :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...